10 on 10: March

The cure for anything is salt water--sweat, tears, or the sea.

~Isak Dineson


I was honored and so excited to be included in this amazing group of photographers in a project called 10 on 10.

The idea is to take 10 photos on the 10th of each month, post them and then link up with a different photographer in the circle each month.  I feel it is a fantastic way to share and explore the work of others who have different styles and genres, and who live in different parts of the world.

I missed the first month for our circle unfortunately, but here I am now sharing two of my photographic passions--portraits and the ocean.   Fortunately I had the time to visit with and photograph my young, beautiful, model friend, Lily.   We went to one of my favorite beaches in La Jolla.





Although I love photographing nature by itself, there is nothing more beautiful to me than bringing nature and people together.



When Lily and I arrived at the beach, the skies were perfectly clear and blue, but within an hour the clouds came in adding that drama to the sky and to the reflections in the wet sand that I absolutely love.






The seagulls and the sandpipers appeared as happy as we were on this beautiful day.  It was as if they wanted to play, so Lily happily obliged.   Wherever she went, the birds seemed to follow.







Lily and I left the beach feeling refreshed and filled with joy, and as always, a little wet!






Please carry on the 10 on 10 circle by visiting Kristina over here...    I'm so grateful to her, especially, for being the one to start our circle and for getting me to blog more!  May it continue!

You can see much more of my portrait work (and much more Lily) on my website.

11 comments:

Andrea Farmer said...

These are GORGEOUS and make me want to hop in my car and point it south towards the beach!

Stephanie Marie Photographie said...

Omg I'm literally breathless! I want more!!! Fantastic!

{Simplicity} by Megan Wright said...

These are gorgeous and they make me so miss the ocean.

Eva said...

What a perfect day.

Glenda said...

wow this is just beautiful!!!

Kristina Rust Photography said...

So beautiful...these images are dreamy and I want a tutorial from you on how you get such amazing shots at the beach. You have such an artistic eye. The umbrella shots are so great!

Kim Bajorek said...

Thank you all so much--and Kristina, I'd happily answer any questions you have on beach photography! If we lived a little closer to each other we could do a shoot together... : )

Siobhan Wolf said...

Lovely sun-washed images, Kim. I'm missing that warm weather and could really use a trip to the beach! Thanks for taking me there from landlocked Ohio.

Siobhan Wolf said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Siobhan Wolf said...

Lovely sun-washed images, Kim. I'm missing that warm weather and could really use a trip to the beach! Thanks for taking me there from landlocked Ohio.

sandy said...

These are really beautiful! I especially love the one with the red umbrella!